Product Selection Algorithm
We offer only a few brands that we have come to know as the best. Here are some of our criteria:
- Just because a product is more expensive does not mean it sounds better than a less expensive product
- Unlike magazines we believe in absolute best or best value, not "best in its price class."
- We do not select brands based on "review of the month"
- Brands have to publish specifications and conform to relevant regulations.
- We select brands that are venerable and come from well-funded companies with a succession plan
- Many of the products we offer are bespoke and custom made to your requirements but
- We select brands that are of high quality, easy for you to maintain, and easy to service
- Products must be based on patents and sound engineering principles, not "snake-oil."
- We avoid manufacturers who offer constant "upgrades", "improved models", or "replacements"
- We are not a Brooklyn high-end supermarket or a big box store that carries every brand
- We take a systems engineering approach
- We will advise you as to the synergy of your present say, amplifier, with the speakers we carry
- Within reason we are happy to insert your equipment into our reference systems so you can make an informed decision
- Whenever possible we offer hand-crafted products made in the USA
- Whenever possible we set up demonstrations to avoid expectation bias
- Go to first bullet.