Sound Labs A1 A3 Panel Replacement Instructions
Before attempting your own repairs or panel replacements please contact us.
- Please give us the serial number of your speakers
- Both BackPlates and especially Panels can be upgraded in many cases
- Most speakers from the 80s can be upgraded to the Toroid One level of Backplate. This will make the speaker much easier to drive
- Newer Speakers may have enough room for the Consummate or "Hotrod" plus Toroid Series 2 Backplate
- If one panel no longer works, or has a wooden superstructure to support the stators (shine a light inside the panels) these panels can, in most cases, be replaced by the latest production Bass Focus (tm) Panels
- These upgrades will give you 80-90% of the performance and reliability of new production speaker
- If you have a working panel, it is an "eBAY" candidate. There are hobbyists who may want the old panel
- However, consider replacing with new production speakers and selling off the old ones for pick-up.